NHS Credit Union endeavours to meet the needs of our members and are committed to ensuring our website is accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities.
All website content meets the W3C WAI’s WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.0 A level standard and many of the Level AA standards.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring images, form image buttons and image hot spots have appropriate alternative text
- Semantic mark-up is used where appropriate, covering H tags (h1,h2,h3), lists (<ul>, <li>, <ol>,<dl>), and emphasised or special text (<strong>, <abbr>, <blockquote>)
- The page navigation and content follows a logical order
- Colour schemes are designed to ensure text content is clearly visible against other elements
- Text and imagery will use the appropriate contrast ratio
- The website can be navigable by screen readers
You can read more about the WCAG guidelines at http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20.
If you identify any accessibility issues or require further information please contact us on email@example.com.